10 UNEARTHED FACTS ABOUT THE LONGEST EVER FLYOVER BRIDGE IN AKWA IBOM STATE
1. The total length of the Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover bridge is One Kilometer.
2. It is longer by 200meters than the combination of any two existing flyovers in Akwa Ibom State.
3. No other state in the South South region has built a flyover over One Kilometer long.
4. Construction of the bridge commenced in the third quarter of 2019 and the project was earmarked for completion in two years.
5. Despite the global and national restrictions occasioned by Covid19, the project is going to be completed ahead of schedule.
6. It’s bringing to an end, constant accidents that claimed numerous lives involving motorists coming in to Uyo from Ikot Abasi via Abak and Eket via Etinan LGAs, through the junction
7. The longest flyover bridge in Akwa Ibom was just 400meters along Atiku Abubakar,
8. The combination of two of the longest flyovers namely Atiku Abubakar and Federal Secretariat Flyover is 800 meters
9. Akwa Ibom had four Flyover bridges before now, Atiku Abubakar (400m); NNPC Fuel Depo Flyover(Itam)400meters), Federal Secretariat (Abak Road(400meters) and Itam Junction(300m)
10. It is one of the wonders of the Governor Udom Emmanuel’s Completion Agenda, and has silenced the cynics and paid media agents of the state’s enemies.
Govt House, Uyo